Karaoke...

I have always thought that karaoke was stupid... The thought of getting up onto a stage in front of people belting out your favorite tunes and not being able to carry a tune in a bucket is strange. With that being said, what could be worse than that? Gay Karaoke... I am sorry it is just weird to me to see men and women sing songs about men and women to other men and women that were made for men and women. How do I know about gay karaoke? My friend Angela and I were hanging out with some of her co-workers (who happen to be gay) and they wanted to have drinks after going to Art Walk. Angela Kersten and I had been at Old School Thursdays at Steel and I was dared to go in the gay club with them. I told them no, but I also had never heard Angela really sing, so I dared her to sing and told her that would be the only way that I would go. Gay karaoke is just like regular karaoke and I believe the word is probably a synonym of gay in another language. It is held a few nights out of the week at the Yacht Club. Kersten and I did not sing, but we had a great time laughing at the people in our party singing. I invited Melissa to come down and she killed a couple of songs too...I have been praying non-stop since leaving that place. I saw things that I never wanted to see and I hope that my visit to the Yacht Club translates into a few votes later down the road. Live and let live...I realized just how straight I am!!!! Here are some of the performances...

we did not know what song they were singing and couldn't tell if the alcohol made it better or worse...
below my friend Angela and Melissa's friend Kerry do a Luther/Beyonce duet

next, here is Angela doing a solo

Comments

Popular Posts