Dreams of the Past

I relaxed all weekend and usually when I relax I don't dream as much. Last night was the exception to the rule. These dreams were unusually vivid as well. They weren't the artful detached dreams that make you wonder. I cannot blame it on the food, because I didn't eat anything unusual yesterday, but something had me dreaming and I was the center of attention.

Both dreams had to do with planes and the strange thing about them was that I had full control of both of them. In the first dream I was able to call the airline and get them to keep the plane at the gate for me before leaving for an important meeting and for some reason that felt far fetched for me so I rewound it. In the very next scene I was calling the airline once again to get them to stay at the gate so that my wife and family could make it out of a city with me that was being overturn. I was able to get them on and kiss my wife and children and what seemed like a great flight was going to begin. Then I realized that the dream wasn't over. I then realized that I was in the middle of a third dream as a passenger on the plane. I was tossing and turning in my seat as the plane that I was on was about to crash. There was nothing that I could do about it at that point. I felt helpless. I didn't want it to crash so I tried to go and see what was happening in the cockpit...as soon as i reached for my seat belt I woke up in my dream. I was sitting in my first class seat and apparently I has screamed, "No!" pretty loudly. The flight attendants were offering me drinks as I awoke from my daze. I was alone on the plane in the middle of the night. It was flying smoothly and I was not married. I tried to finish the dream to see what more I could get out of it, but I awoke shortly thereafter.

The next dream came a little later. I got back into bed after getting some water and began to dream again. This time, I would also be watching myself. This time I was able to see myself living in other cities. They were somewhat familiar places and some were not so familiar. I saw myself in a large loft in New York getting ready to go out then I saw myself in London walking around. Towards the end of the second dream I took myself out of myself to see what kind of interaction that I was having with people. It was funny, as long as I was familiar with the people that I was around I was light hearted and jovial. However, as soon as I became a stranger to myself and got on an elevator with myself I became cold and aloof. I rode an elevator with myself in a very cool building that had a mall and an airline floor in it. It was an amazing place. I bumped into myself in the restaurant level of my dream, which was this open terrace like space that was full of activity. I left the restaurant and followed myself to the elevator. I wanted to see if i would recognize myself. I did not. I was cordial, but cold as I pressed the penthouse button. The ride seemed to take forever. I was pushing a stroller and I seemed to be a great father. I seemed to be alone though. I just had that look about myself. I asked myself where I had gotten my haircut. I answered, calmly, "I get it cut at....(i forget the name of the place)they do a great job there." That was all that I said to myself, even though I could tell that I did not believe that my other self was going to the penthouse floor. I calmly got off of the elevator and turned towards my door and walked down the hallway. I left myself wondering if that is how people see me on a daily basis when I come into contact with them. It wouldn't be a far stretch from reality, but it definitely would not get me any votes. As I was on the elevator I traveled back down to the airport floor before returning to my own unit on 5th floor of the building.

The airport floor was congested and it seemed like there was so much going on. So much so that as I passed one of the counters they took me for one of the flight controllers. They began to tell me that a plane was coming in and it was about to crash. As I was being debriefed about the impending disaster at the airport I awoke out of my sleep.

Comments

Popular Posts