15 minutes of fame







Whether or not you believe that O.J. murdered two people I believe the general consensus is that O.J. must be one of the most mentally challenged people on the planet. How do you go from being the most beloved black man in America to the most hated black man in America in such a short period of time. O.J. was sentenced the other day to 15 years...and he doesn't even get to get a chance for parole for 9 years. If he serves all of his time...he will be 76 years old. He has lost most of the possessions that he had and is actually going to jail because he was trying to "reclaim" some of the things that had once belonged to him. His mansion in California was demolished by its new owner and he lost his Heisman trophy in the mix.

He was an athlete, an actor, and a sports commentator at the height of his popularity. His life was the envy of black and white men alike. He played golf at the grand country clubs of the country and traveled the world . What will his legacy be now? Not that he broke records, not that he transcended racial barriers, but that he was apart of one of the most racially divisive cases in American history. He didn't go to jail for the murders, but he went to jail 13 years later for trying to get some of his things back. WOW.

"I just wanted my personal things. I was stupid. I'm sorry," Simpson said. "I didn't know I was doing anything illegal. I thought I was confronting friends. I thought I was retrieving my things. I didn't mean to hurt anybody, and I didn't mean to steal anything."

Comments

Popular Posts